There’s more to us than great food
Kentucky Fried Chicken FoundationWe believe in a world where educational opportunities are available to everyone, where we never give up on helping people achieve their dreams.
Throughout each day, our trained cooks freshly prepare fried chicken using the Colonel’s Secret Recipe of 11 herbs & spices. It takes more than 25 minutes to hand bread and cook our chicken before it’s ready for your bucket or boxed meal. That’s why KFC has the world’s best chicken.
- We use 100 percent real chicken raised on U.S. farms.
- Our chicken is USDA inspected for quality before it can be delivered to our kitchens.
- Our chicken is free of added hormones and steroids. In fact, FDA regulations prohibit the addition of hormones in poultry in the U.S.
- KFC U.S. works closely with suppliers to minimize the use of antibiotics important in human medicine at the farms that supply our restaurants. By 2017, antibiotics important in human medicine will only be used to maintain chicken health, and only under the supervision and prescription of a licensed veterinarian. The use of these antibiotics for growth promotion is not allowed.
- To meet the changing tastes and preferences of our guests, we are in the process of removing food dyes from our menu items. Today, all KFC chicken and 92 percent of our menu items are free of food dyes. By the end of 2017, all of our menu items will be free of food dyes (with the exception of beverages and third-party products). In addition, we expect to remove all artificial colors and flavors from our Core products by the end of 2018.
DiversityDiversity is more than a philosophy at KFC; it is part of our founding “How We Work Together” principles. Our global culture is actively developing a workforce that is diverse in style and background, where everyone can make a difference.
THE ENVIRONMENTKFC is as committed to the environment as we are to our food and customers. Read more about the steps we have taken to reduce our environmental footprint and plans for improvement moving forward.
ANIMAL WELFARE PROGRAMYum! Brands Inc., parent company of KFC, is committed to the humane treatment of animals.
COMMUNITY GRANTSThrough our Colonel’s Community Grants program, KFC U.S. Community Relations strives to make our community better by providing sponsorship, partnership and donation support for nonprofit organizations. We focus our outreach primarily on hunger relief efforts; however, some grants are available for programs and events that promote community building, as well as growth opportunities for youth in and around KFC’s hometown of Louisville, KY. Apply for a Colonel’s Community Grant here.