There’s MORE TO US THAN GREAT FOOD
KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN FOUNDATIONWe believe in a world where educational opportunities are available to everyone, where we never give up on helping people achieve their dreams.
FOOD PROMISE Throughout each day, our trained cooks freshly prepare fried chicken using the Colonel’s Secret Recipe of 11 herbs & spices. It takes more than 25 minutes to hand bread and cook our chicken before it’s ready for your bucket or boxed meal. That’s why KFC has the world’s best chicken.
- We use 100 percent real chicken raised on U.S. farms.
- Our chicken is USDA inspected for quality before it can be delivered to our kitchens.
- Our chicken is free of added hormones and steroids. In fact, FDA regulations prohibit the addition of hormones in poultry in the U.S.
- As of January 1, 2019, all chicken purchased by KFC U.S. is raised without antibiotics important to human medicine, as defined by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- All of our Core menu items are free of food dyes and artificial flavors (with the exception of beverages and third-party products). In addition, we have removed artificial colors from our Core products (with the exception of caramel coloring).
DIVERSITY & INCLUSIONDiversity and inclusion are more than philosophies at KFC; they are part of our founding principles for “How We Work Together.” Our global culture is actively developing a workforce that is diverse in style and background, where everyone can make a difference.
THE PLANETKFC is as committed to the planet as we are to our food and customers.
This includes the development of a long-term plan to implement a more sustainable packaging strategy in our restaurants across the globe. In addition to KFC’s participation as a supporting partner with NextGen Consortium, which will help identify fiber packaging solutions that are recoverable across global infrastructures, KFC has committed to sourcing 100 percent of our fiber-based packaging from certified/or recycled sources by 2020. KFC has also committed that all consumer-facing, plastic-based packaging used in our restaurants around the globe will be recoverable or reusable by 2025.
Read more about the steps we have taken to reduce our environmental footprint and plans for improvement moving forward.
ANIMAL WELFARE PROGRAMYum! Brands Inc., parent company of KFC, is committed to the humane treatment of animals.
FIGHTING HUNGER IN OUR COMMUNITIESFor 20 years, KFC restaurants have been fighting hunger in local communities by donating unsold product to those in need through the Harvest program. Since 1999, KFC has contributed more than 80 million meals across 3,500 nonprofit partners through the Harvest program.
COMMUNITY GRANTSThrough our Colonel’s Community Grants program, KFC U.S. Community Relations strives to make our community better by providing sponsorship, partnership and donation support for nonprofit organizations. We focus our outreach primarily on hunger relief efforts in and around KFC’s hometown of Louisville, KY. Apply for a Colonel’s Community Grant here.