WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM AND ABOUT YOU
- Contact information. For example, we might collect your name and street address. We might also collect your phone number or email address.
- Payment and billing information. For example, we collect your credit card number and zip code when you buy one of our products or order our food online.
- Information you submit or post. If you post content, apply for a job, or respond to a survey, we will collect the information you provide to us.
- Demographic information. We may collect information about our services you like or products you buy. We might collect this as part of a survey, for example.
- Device information. If you use our website, we may collect information about your computer location or the browser you're using, as well as your IP address, unique device ID, and information collected through browser cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, such as the website of origin whereby you came to our site, or what website you visit when you leave us, and how you otherwise interact with our website. For more details about browser cookies, beacons, locally shared objects, and similar technologies, please read our Tracking Tags policy.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN DIFFERENT WAYS
- We collect information directly from you. For example, if you register for a promotion or apply for a job. We also collect information if you post a comment or make a request.
- We collect information from you passively. When you visit and interact with our website, we may collect certain device information automatically. To learn more about the device information we collect and the choices you have, please read our Tracking Tags policy.
- We get information about you from third parties. For example, if you use one of the integrated Facebook features on our websites, Facebook will give us certain information about you, such as your Facebook profile name, twitter handle, Instagram handle, as examples. Our business partners may give us information about you, such as those listed above.
WE USE INFORMATION AS DISCLOSED AND DESCRIBED HERE
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to confirm your registration for a program or contest, fulfill your order, or fulfill prizes or premiums in a promotion. We may use your friend's email address if you send them features on our website.
- We use information to improve our products and services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may use your information to make our website, services, and products better.
- We use information to look at website trends and customer interests. We may use your information to identify website trends and customer interests in order to make our website, services, and products better, and tailor the customer experience. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you information about special promotions or offers by email, text message, and push notifications. We might also tell you about new features or products. These might be our own offers or products, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. To learn about your choices for these communications, read the choices section below.
- We use information to send you transactional communications. For example, we might send you emails about a purchase you made with us. We might also contact you about this policy or our website terms.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- We may share information within Yum! Brands, Inc. and with our franchisees. This includes KFC Corporation, Taco Bell Corp., Pizza Hut, Inc., and Yum Restaurants International, Inc. On the franchisee side, this may include the KFC National Council and Advertising Cooperative, Inc. The Council is an advertising cooperative made up of KFC Corporation and our franchisees. We may also share information with future subsidiaries or affiliates.
- We may share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who help us manage our online registration process or who fulfill your purchases. Some vendors may be located outside of the United States.
- We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves or our customers. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
- We may share information with our business partners. For example, to third party business partners, such as those who you have placed orders with, or in connection with running a joint promotion. These partners may use your information as permitted by their own privacy policies, which could include sending you marketing communications and other promotional content.
- We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
YOU HAVE CERTAIN CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing messages. To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional emails you get from us. For text messages, reply "STOP" or something equivalent, and visit your device settings to update your choices for receiving push notifications. It may take about ten (10) business days to process your request. Don't worry! Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still be sure to send you transactional messages. For example, we may still contact you about your orders.
- You can control if we share information with third parties for their marketing purposes. To opt out of having us share your information with third parties for their promotional purposes, click here.
THESE webSITES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDRENOur websites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us here. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries "COPPA Information Request."
Parents, you can also learn more about how to protect children's privacy online here.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTSIf you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email, or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your letter that you are a California resident making a "Shine the Light" inquiry.
WE USE STANDARD SECURITY MEASURESThe Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our websites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
WE STORE INFORMATION BOTH IN AND OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATESInformation we maintain may be stored both within and outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States.
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONSPlease do not include your credit card number or any other sensitive information in your correspondence. If you have any questions about the Policy or other privacy concerns you can contact us here or you can write us at:
1441 Gardiner Lane
Louisville, Kentucky 40213
WHAT WE WILL DO IF THERE IS AN UPDATE TO THIS POLICYFrom time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any material changes to this policy, and obtain your consent as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our website periodically for updates.