KFC® was built on Colonel Harland Sanders’ values, with a rich history of generosity inspired by the Colonel himself. The Kentucky Fried Chicken Foundation has since provided $14 million in scholarships to 2,600 students and recently furthered its commitment to KFC restaurant employees by launching the KFC Family Fund. The Foundation’s charitable programs are made possible through the ongoing support of KFC Corporation and our many franchisees. If you’re a KFC operator, please visit TeamKFC for more information on how you can participate.
Which Program Is For Me?
The REACH Educational Grant Program® helps KFC Restaurant hourly Team Members and Shift Supervisors pursue their educational dreams by providing college tuition assistance via grants of $2,000 and $2,500. The awards may be used to attend any accredited four-or two-year college, as well as trade/vocational schools. Winners are selected via a competitive application process and may reapply each year.
- I’m an hourly Team Member or Shift Supervisors at a participating KFC U.S. Restaurant* and have worked there for at least six months.
- I’m currently enrolled in college or I plan to enroll in next fall
- I’m seeking college or trade/vocational school tuition assistance.
The GED® credential is your pathway to endless opportunities and the potential to make more money in your career. Sign up for the REACH HIGH Program now and accelerate your career!
- A FREE all-inclusive program from start to finish! Unlimited access to prep and testing
- A test pass guarantee*
- Your personal GED Advisor™ with you every step of the way
- Exclusive Facebook group where you can get the support of others participating in the program
*See full program terms and conditions.
- I’m not enrolled in high school
- I’m at least 16 years old
- I have not graduated from high school or received a GED® credential or equivalent
- I’m a Restaurant General Manager, Assistant Manager, Shift Supervisor or hourly Team Member at a participating KFC U.S. Restaurant* and have worked there for at least six months.
- I work an average of 15 hours or more per week
*Your restaurant must currently be participating in the Cole Slaw Donation Program. All KFC Equity restaurants participate. If you work at a franchise/licensed restaurant, please see your RGM for more information.
- Complete this brief form.
- We’ll verify your employment status with your RGM or franchisee.
- Once verified, your GED Advisor™ will contact you by phone to go over the program and create a plan just for you.
- Simply start your study plan.
- Your GED Advisor™ will continue to guide you through the program until you get your GED® credential.
The KFC Family Fund is available exclusively to KFC U.S. restaurant employees who have been directly impacted by a severe hardship, crisis or catastrophic incident that was beyond their control. While money can’t eliminate the sorrow, it can hopefully eliminate some of the added stress that often accompanies it.
KFC Family Fund resources are designated for crisis situations, including fire, natural disasters, funeral costs, serious illness, personal injury (away from work), theft or loss of essential personal property, military deployment and other financial hardships. The purpose of the program is to provide temporary, limited financial relief.
All current KFC restaurant employees in good standing are eligible for assistance from the KFC Family Fund, provided that they complete an application demonstrating how they have been impacted by a qualifying event, substantiate their expenses and prove their lack of financial resources.
An application must be made within ninety (90) days of the hardship to be considered. Only one application may be submitted for a qualifying event. If you are in crisis or are experiencing a hardship, please visit TeamKFC for more information.