Be your own Colonel
Based in Louisville, Kentucky, KFC Corporation is the franchisor of the world’s most popular chicken restaurant chain, specializing in Original Recipe®, Extra Crispy™, Kentucky Grilled Chicken® and Extra Crispy™ Tenders with home-style sides, Hot Wings™ pieces and freshly made chicken sandwiches. Famous for its Original Recipe® fried chicken, which is made with the same secret blend of 11 herbs & spices that Colonel Sanders perfected more than a half-century ago, KFC has been serving customers complete, freshly prepared family meals since Colonel Harland Sanders founded the concept in 1952.
It is estimated that, on average, more than 185 million people see a KFC commercial at least once a week—that’s more than half the U.S. population. The KFC system serves more than 12 million customers each day in more than 115 countries and territories around the world. KFC operates more than 17,000 restaurants in the United States and internationally. KFC’s parent company is Yum! Brands, Inc., the world’s largest restaurant company in terms of system restaurants, with more than 40,000 locations in more than 130 countries and territories and employing more than one million associates. Yum! is ranked number 201 on the Fortune 500 list, with revenues exceeding $13 billion in 2012.
DO I QUALIFY TO BE A FRANCHISEE?
There are several factors we consider when assessing an applicant desiring to become a KFC franchisee, including but not limited to their:
- Multi-Unit Operations Experience
- Financial Qualifications
- Personal and Financial Reputation
- Motivation and Commitment
- Culture and Brand Fit
- Growth Mindset
EXAMPLE OF A NEW FRANCHISEE ASSESSMENT SUITABLE FOR CONSIDERATION
Multi-Unit Operations Experience
- Proven track record in operating a multi-unit restaurant or hospitality business (preferably quick service restaurant)
- Successful business ownership experience (preferably multi-unit restaurant)
- $1,500,000 Total Net Worth
- $750,000 Total Liquid Assets*
- Net Worth and Liquid capital access commensurate with ownership level (may vary significantly from minimum requirements)
Personal & Financial Reputation and Stability
- No criminal convictions, No history of litigation, Bankruptcy history
- Minimum Credit Score of 700
- Business history and reputation, referrals
- Press/Social Media
Motivation and Commitment
- Willingness to guarantee Franchise Agreement obligations
- Time commitment for required training programs (includes entire organization)
- Hands on in the day to day operation of the business, Residency/proximity
*Liquid Assets are defined as cash or any asset that could be converted to cash within 10 business days
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Royalties = 5 percent (5%) of Gross Revenues
Advertising = 5 percent (5%) of Gross Revenues (Includes national and local contributions)
The above amounts do not include all fees that will be incurred by the franchisee. Please refer to Item 6 and Item 7 of the KFC US LLC Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) for details pertaining to new franchise application fees, transfer fees, training expenses, initial franchise fees, constructing a new restaurant, grand opening expenses and opening inventory. In addition, the franchise will be required to pay other fees, including but not limited to, monthly MERIT fees for the point of sale and back of house computer system support.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING? FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for informational purposes only. Currently, the following states regulate the offer and sale of franchises: California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you are a resident of one of these states, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with applicable pre-sale registration and disclosure requirements in your jurisdiction.